rtpvrawdepay and interlaced frames

Eloi Bail eloi.bail at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 20:15:23 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am using Gstreamer to receive RAW video streams 1080i (422-10 bits
interlaced).
I am basically doing:

udpsrc -> rtprawdepay -> filesink

When I play the file, I see the half frame.

According to RFC4175, samples are packed in the same way for interlaced and
progressive frames. rtpvrawdepay looks to follow that.

However, interlaced caps are not handled in rtpvrawdepay and field
identification from the RTP header is not parsed.

I am wondering what is the support of interlaced frames in rtpvrawdepay and
if someone is currently working on that ?

Eloi