Gstreamer UDP Source Query

Mohammad, Jamal M MohammadJamal.Mohiuddin at ncr.com
Wed Jan 17 10:10:24 UTC 2018

Hi Guys,

I am developing an IP Streaming based media player. I am using the following pipelines:

Src:

gst-launch-1.0 -vvv udpsrc port=5004 ! application/x-rtp, payload=96 ! rtph2 64depay ! h264parse ! imxvpudec ! imxipuvideosink sync=false

Sink:

C:\gstreamer\1.0\x86_64\bin\gst-launch-1.0.exe -v filesrc location=C:\\gstreamer\\1.0\\x86_64\\bin\\hash.h264 ! h264parse ! rtph264pay ! udpsink host=153.77.205.139 port=5004 sync=true

This was the proof of concept. Now, We wanted to have an application which can perform the same operation but with a little tweak when there is no streaming or when no data from the sink, we need to switch to offline base media player, means play a set of videos offline and when there is data on udp port, switch to streaming.

Following are my queries:

1.      Is there any way to find out streaming has been completed after video play over IP
2.      Is there any way to find out there is no streaming happening.

Please help. I am ready to help you if you need more details

Mohammad Jamal Mohiuddin
Software Engineer, Retail Hosp/HW
NCR Corporation India Pvt Ltd.
MohammadJamal.Mohiuddin at ncr.com | www.ncr.com<http://www.ncr.com>