Odd problem with seeking HTTP sourced pipeline

Anderson, Steve Steven.Anderson at mattersight.com
Wed Jan 17 18:58:46 UTC 2018

Hi everyone!  I'm having a bit of a problem getting a specific pipeline working and hoping someone out there can help.

I'm trying to use gstreamer to combine a wmv and wma from HTTP sources (HTTP server supports byte-range requests) into an mp4 file with a specific start time (mp4 output should start at this time in the original media).  Here is the launch string for the test pipeline which doesn't correctly align the video and audio (audio starts at the beginning of the source media then audio stops at the specified start time where the video starts with the correct offset into the media).

souphttpsrc location=http://localhost:80/longscreencap.wmv ! asfdemux ! avdec_wmv1 ! videoscale ! capsfilter caps=video/x-raw,width=640,height=320 ! videoconvert ! x264enc ! video/x-h264, profile=baseline ! mp4mux name=mux streamable=true faststart=true fragment-duration=2000 ! filesink location=/home/steve/outfile2.mp4  souphttpsrc location=http://localhost:80/medbencall.wma ! asfdemux ! avdec_wmav1 ! audioconvert ! voaacenc ! mux.

I create the pipeline, change state to paused, seek, and then start the pipeline.  All state changes and the seek return successfully.

I have the same problem if I use the appsrc instead of souphttpsrc to source the video stream.

The pipeline above works just fine in the following modified scenarios -

Just video with no audio
Just audio with no video
Using mp4 source for video instead of the wmv (mp4 video and wma audio both pulled from HTTP server)
Using a filesrc for either the audio or video instead of the souphttpsrc

Essentially, it only fails if both video and audio are pulled from the HTTP server (or using an appsrc for video) and the video is ASF formatted.  Everything else seems to work fine.

I'd assume it has something to do with the timestamps between the souphttpsrc and asfdemux, or that the asfdemux isn't converting time to bytes correctly.  Any thoughts on where this problem is coming from?  Or some place to look further?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Steve Anderson
Senior Development Architect
Mattersight Corporation
7700 France Ave. South, Suite 210, Edina, MN 55435
o 952 908 8036   m 612 803 0048
steven.anderson at mattersight.com
Mattersight(r)<www.mattersight.com>
THE CHEMISTRY OF CONVERSATION

The preceding message and any attachments may contain confidential information protected by the attorney-client or other privilege.