how to specify kernel to audiofirfilter from gst-launch-1.0

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Jan 18 07:50:34 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Wed, 2018-01-17 at 09:01 -0800, Charlie Laub wrote:
> The online documentation for audiofirfilter provides an example of
> how to implement audiofirfilter in code, however, using gst-inspect
> it seems that I should be able to implement it using gst-launch as
> well. The main issue I have encountered is how to specify the kernel.
> The docs say is should be of type GValueArray, however, this may now
> be deprecated and GArray used instead – not sure. For more info, see:
> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/gstreamer-sdk/data/docs/2012.5/g
> object/gobject-Value-arrays.html
>
> How can I provide a static array of kernel values when using
> audiofirfilter from gst-launch-1.0?

There's currently no way to provide a GValueArray property via gst-
launch, you'll have to write code in some programming language. C or
Python for example would work.

You can find an example in C here:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/tree/tests/examples/audiofx/firfilter-example.c

While GValueArray is deprecated in GLib, this is unrelated to that.
There's no replacement for GValueArray in GLib for this use-case, so
there's nothing else to use at this point.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com