Text overlays don't work on i.MX6 in certain pipelines

Eloi Bail eloi.bail at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 17:32:44 UTC 2018

> I don't know, this is NXP specific. This could be done right before
> returning from map. Though, in most other drivers, this is done in the
> driver implicitly.

Hi,

I am facing similar issues and am only able to reproduce that using
imx4l2src with a high framerate (30 fps).
Having a video filtering elememt, I see that only some frames are processed
by transform_frame_ip method of vfilter and sometimes even none of them !

So it means that gstreamer_imx is sometimes not exposing DMA buffers to
Gstreamer.
Am I right ?
I also tried to flush the mmapped buffer adding a msync right after the
mmap but it does not change anything.

What is very curious is that this issue is only reproducible with a tee:

imx4l2src --> imxvpuenc_h264 -> vfillter -> rtph264pay -> udpsink
                  |-> tee -> fakesink

We are also able to *fix* the issue adding a videotransform with different
caps between the src and the encoder. This workaround will copy the buffer
calling prepare_output_buffer of the parent class (gstbasetransform). The
fps remains good but the resolution is modified...

I definitely believe that the issue is in gstreamer-imx but we are lacking
answers from them.
So any help or workaround *clean* are welcomed.

Thanks,

Eloi