Huge delay while streaming the first video over IP in gstreamer

Mohammad, Jamal M MohammadJamal.Mohiuddin at ncr.com
Tue Jan 23 03:20:27 UTC 2018

Hi Guys,

We are using gstreamer for Video streaming over IP.

On the receiver end I am using the following pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 -vvv udpsrc port=5004 ! application/x-rtp, payload=96 ! rtph2 64depay ! h264parse ! imxvpudec ! imxipuvideosink sync=false

On the sender end we are using the following pipeline:
C:\gstreamer\1.0\x86_64\bin\gst-launch-1.0.exe -v filesrc location=C:\\gstreamer\\1.0\\x86_64\\bin\\hash.h264 ! h264parse ! rtph264pay ! udpsink host=<IPAddress> port=5004 sync=true

When I am playing the first video, it takes a long time to start playing, more than 5 seconds.

But if I play  the same video again, it just starts playing without any delay.

Is there a way so the first video also plays instantly without any delay

Mohammad Jamal Mohiuddin
Software Engineer, Retail Hosp/HW
NCR Corporation India Pvt Ltd.
MohammadJamal.Mohiuddin at ncr.com<mailto:MohammadJamal.Mohiuddin at ncr.com> | www.ncr.com<http://www.ncr.com>