vaapipostproc and v4l2sink

Thomas Scheuermann scheuermann at barco.com
Tue Jan 23 13:10:30 UTC 2018

Hello List,

I've got the following problem with my pipeline. I want to connect
vaapipostproc to v4l2sink without any additional element in between
(copy). But I can't link these two elements. I let vaapipostproc
generate I420 format and do some scaling but it only works if I put a
videoconvert between vaapipostproc and v4l2sink.

vaapipostproc ! video/x-raw,format=I420 ! v4l2sink : NOK

vaapipostproc ! video/x-raw,format=I420 ! videoconvert ! v4l2sink : OK

But the additional videoconvert introduces another copy (I assume). The
thing here which doesn't match between vaapipostproc and v4l2sink is the
colorimetry. vaapipostproc produces in my example a colorimetry of
'bt709' but v4l2sink needs a colorimetry of '2:4:7:1'.

Is there a way to create this pipeline without a videoconvert?

Regards,

Thomas

This message is subject to the following terms and conditions: MAIL DISCLAIMER<http://www.barco.com/en/maildisclaimer>