vaapipostproc and v4l2sink

Thomas Scheuermann scheuermann at barco.com
Wed Jan 24 10:14:01 UTC 2018

Thanks Nicolas,

I will try that.

Regards,

Thomas

Am 23.01.2018 um 22:13 schrieb Nicolas Dufresne:

Le mardi 23 janvier 2018 à 14:10 +0100, Thomas Scheuermann a écrit :

I've got the following problem with my pipeline. I want to connect
vaapipostproc to v4l2sink without any additional element in between
(copy). But I can't link these two elements. I let vaapipostproc
generate I420 format and do some scaling but it only works if I put a
videoconvert between vaapipostproc and v4l2sink.

vaapipostproc ! video/x-raw,format=I420 ! v4l2sink : NOK

vaapipostproc ! video/x-raw,format=I420 ! videoconvert ! v4l2sink :
OK

But the additional videoconvert introduces another copy (I assume).
The
thing here which doesn't match between vaapipostproc and v4l2sink is
the
colorimetry. vaapipostproc produces in my example a colorimetry of
'bt709' but v4l2sink needs a colorimetry of '2:4:7:1'.

Is there a way to create this pipeline without a videoconvert?

In practice, if the colorimetry does not match you need a converter.
But if correct correct (only slightly for this case) does not matter to
you, you could use capssetter element to make it ignore that field (you
need to set fixed caps and set the replace property to TRUE).

Nicolas

This message is subject to the following terms and conditions: MAIL DISCLAIMER<http://www.barco.com/en/maildisclaimer>