AW: AW: AW: Serial port interface on frame grabber

vk_gst venkateshkuppan26 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 09:44:49 UTC 2018

Hi james,

Thanks for the update. I am tackling this solution from the source, so the
first part is synchronizing the IMU and video frame data.

The IMU(runs at 60Hz) device gives me a trigger that I can use to trigger my
pipeline at 30Hz.
So this means I have two sets of IMU data for each frame at a give point of
time.
 I was considering if I can trigger the pipeline at 30Hz, so that the IMU
and video data is synchronized.

 For eg: consider this pipeline
gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video1 !
video/x-raw,width=100,height=50,framerate=30/1 ! filesink location=xyz.avi

How could I trigger this based on the external signal. The easiest I can
think is of writing a C program, that polls for the signal and plays the
pipeline. But I feel this is not the right way to do it?

Can you suggest me if the Gstreamer provides any elements, that can help me
do this?

Else, the other way of synchronizing is to use the timestamp of each frame,
and allot the timestamp to the IMU data at the imx6 side. Later at receiver,
I need to match the timestamp again to relate each frame to IMU. Would that
be a better option?