NV12 issue in 1.14.1

tobatrance henning.hinze at mail.de
Fri Jul 27 11:55:32 UTC 2018

Haven't heared about apitrace before. Cool tool!

So I compared the apitrace output from my test app with the apitrace out
from gst-launch-1.0 filesrc ! decodebin ! video/x-raw ! glimagesink for the
same file. The strides used by gst-launch are different from the strides I
get in my test app from the GstVideoInfo struct. In my app I get for both,
the Y plane and the UV plane, 720. gst-launch uses 768 for the Y plane and
384 for the UV plane. Any idea where these might come from? When using those
strides in my app it looks quite good, though the UV plane in my app is
still shifted vertically from the Y plane. I don't really see in the
apitrace from gst-launch how this is done in GL and which Gst parameter is
used for that. Any idea?