NV12 issue in 1.14.1

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Jul 27 12:44:00 UTC 2018

Le vendredi 27 juillet 2018 à 06:55 -0500, tobatrance a écrit :
> Haven't heared about apitrace before. Cool tool!
>
> So I compared the apitrace output from my test app with the apitrace out
> from gst-launch-1.0 filesrc ! decodebin ! video/x-raw ! glimagesink for the
> same file. The strides used by gst-launch are different from the strides I
> get in my test app from the GstVideoInfo struct. In my app I get for both,
> the Y plane and the UV plane, 720. gst-launch uses 768 for the Y plane and
> 384 for the UV plane. Any idea where these might come from? When using those

Two options, you get a copy of the frames as you don't advertise
GstVideoMeta support. With appsink, you need a pad probe to handle the
allocation query to do that (see kmscube example software). Or, you
forgot to update your GstVideoInfo from the buffer GstVideoMeta.

> strides in my app it looks quite good, though the UV plane in my app is
> still shifted vertically from the Y plane. I don't really see in the
> apitrace from gst-launch how this is done in GL and which Gst parameter is
> used for that. Any idea?

Vertical shift would mean that you have ignored GstVideoMetas::offset[]
when accessing planes. At least, that's my impression.