Streaming rtsp to udp and vise versa

Mathieu Duponchelle mathieu at centricular.com
Tue Mar 6 14:54:53 UTC 2018

On 03/06/2018 03:30 PM, Mohammad Hadi wrote:

> I have a linux-based embedded board and I want to use it as a streamer
> relay. I want to restream a rtsp video to udp (and vice versa) on the
> embedded board. The rtsp stream comes from an IP camera and the udp
> stream packets should be delivered to a desktop PC:
>
> Camera ---(rtsp)--> Embedded Board --(udp)-->Desktop PC

For this path, you could instantiate a rtsp-server on the embedded
board, which would
expose a RECORD mount point and, using set_launch on the associated
media factory,
redirect this to a udpsink.

The camera would then have to send a RECORD command to the server and stream
its video to it.

> Similarly, the reverse path is:
>
> Camera <---(rtsp)-- Embedded Board <--(udp)--Desktop PC

What do you intend to send back to the camera?