cerbero fails in glib on Ubuntu 18.04

Tim Prime tdprime at teleosmedia.com
Fri May 18 23:31:49 UTC 2018

This problem was added recently.

I can get around it by doing,
$ git checkout 1.14.0.1
$ git cherry-pick 49ff7da1

After doing that, I get much further into the build.

The next failure to solve is, a problem caused (in part) by LD_LIBRARY_PATH
interfering with wget.  The version of libssl (built by cerbero) doesn't
pickup the CA certificates in /usr/lib/.

One complication, wget on Ubuntu 16.04 doesn't seem to be built with the
HSTS safe-guards.  Even so, I am somewhat surprised this doesn't cause
problems on other platforms (FreeBSD, macOS, other Linux).

[(65/80) spandsp -> fetch ]
-----> Fetching tarball
http://www.soft-switch.org/downloads/spandsp/spandsp-0.0.6.tar.gz to
/vol2/tdprime/cerbero/build/sources/local/spandsp-0.0.6/spandsp-0.0.6.tar.gz
Downloading
http://www.soft-switch.org/downloads/spandsp/spandsp-0.0.6.tar.gz
Running command 'wget
http://www.soft-switch.org/downloads/spandsp/spandsp-0.0.6.tar.gz -O
/vol2/tdprime/cerbero/build/sources/local/spandsp-0.0.6/spandsp-0.0.6.tar.gz
'
URL transformed to HTTPS due to an HSTS policy
--2018-05-18 23:12:50--
https://www.soft-switch.org/downloads/spandsp/spandsp-0.0.6.tar.gz
Resolving www.soft-switch.org (www.soft-switch.org)... 209.105.235.30
Connecting to www.soft-switch.org
(www.soft-switch.org)|209.105.235.30|:443... connected.
ERROR: cannot verify www.soft-switch.org's certificate, issued by ‘CN=Let's
Encrypt Authority X3,O=Let's Encrypt,C=US’:
  Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.
To connect to www.soft-switch.org insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.

-Tim