cerbero fails in glib on Ubuntu 18.04

Matthew Thyer matthew.thyer at adelaide.edu.au
Mon May 21 06:26:42 UTC 2018

Tim,

Thanks for working out the root cause of these certificate verification failures.
I've seen them too but not yet reported the issue.

I've been attempting to build GStreamer branch 1.14 in a docker container (to ensure a clean environment).
When I saw the certificate verification failures, I worked around them in another window with this process:
1) Attach to the running container in a new terminal with: docker exec -it --entrypoint=/bin/bash <id of running container>
2) Fetch the file that couldn’t be verified using the exact command that the fetch stage said it was running (wget including the -O)
3) Then choose “[2] Rebuild starting from the failed step” in the main window

I noted that the failures occurred in the following six instances:
[(65/82) spandsp -> fetch ]
[(66/82) webrtc-audio-processing -> fetch ]
[(67/82) sbc -> fetch ]
[(69/82) srt -> fetch ]
[(72/82) opencore-amr -> fetch ]
[(77/82) json-glib -> fetch ]

Each time, the error is (but host web site may vary):
ERROR: cannot verify freedesktop.org's certificate, issued by 'CN=Let\'s Encrypt Authority X3,O=Let\'s Encrypt,C=US':
  Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.
To connect to freedesktop.org insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.