video decoding imx6dl using coda and mainline

Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi michael at amarulasolutions.com
Sun May 20 20:30:30 UTC 2018

Hi all

Just trying to execute gstreamer 1.12.4 on a imx6dl 4.16.0-rc6

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc
location=/mnt/home/root/trailer_1080p_h264_mp3.avi ! avidemux !
h264parse ! v4l2video5dec capture-io-mode=dmabuf ! videoscale !
'video/x-raw, width=800, height=480' ! kmssink name=imx-drm
connector-id=37

I found bad performance on send a video over lcd. Now the problem
seems the videoscale element and I know that one old try
was https://github.com/slongerbeam/mediatree/commit/f76af0cf3c94f9dd9beb1d0e2474e9ac95c00818#diff-596088262c853416c8ef500ea5ba6fbe

I would like to know (because I'm new here) what is the status and if
it is possible to update the current support with IPU resize feature

Michael