Does gstreamer has mechanism to start multiple thread automatically for one element?

eschanti eschanti at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 10:57:12 UTC 2018

Does gstreamer has mechanism to start multiple thread automatically for one
element?

Say we have following scenario:

Videosrc !  videoprocess (thread safe) ! videosink

when we have multi core cpu, we should be able to start multiple thread of
videoprocess to
act as computing pipeline,
I know we could do

Videosrc !  queue ! videoprocess (thread safe) ! queue ! videosink

to start separate thread for videoprocess, but only 1 in my environment,
I would like to know if it's possible to start multiple thread of
videoprocess automatically managed by gstreamer?

If yes, what's the possible cause prevent such scheduling happen?

Thanks!