Decoding h264 streamed through a named pipe

Benjamin Rapaport brapaport at google.com
Tue Sep 11 12:00:45 UTC 2018

Neither the process writing to the input pipe nor the process reading from
the output pipe are finishing. They both write/read as long as the pipe is
open on the other end - the other end being gstreamer. For instance, using
named pipes for input and output via this same routine with ffmpeg works,
and ffmpeg does not complete until I close the pipes. It waits for more
data and continues to decode.