No Facial Detection Ubuntu 18.04

Timm Murray tmurray at wumpus-cave.net
Mon Sep 10 23:06:33 UTC 2018

I'm using the following pipeline for facial detection:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 \
   ! 'video/x-raw,width=640,height=480' \
   ! videoconvert \
   ! facedetect \
   ! videoconvert \
   ! xvimagesink

This should display the video stream from my web cam to a window, with
faces highlighted.  It does show the stream, but it's not drawing boxes
around the faces.

I think something with my environment might be messed up, as the same
pipeline had worked for me in the past.  Just not sure where to start
looking.  This is on Ubuntu 18.04, GStreamer 1.14.1, and OpenCV 3.2.0.

Thanks,
Timm