No Facial Detection Ubuntu 18.04

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Wed Sep 12 01:41:20 UTC 2018

Le mardi 11 septembre 2018 à 18:30 -0500, Timm Murray a écrit :
> Thanks, Martin, you pointed me in the right direction.  What happens
> is that the Ubuntu package opencv-data puts it in /usr/share/opencv,
> while the plugin looks in /usr/share/OpenCV.  Adding a syslink makes
> it work.

This feels familiar.

> Next question is if this should be fixed in the plugin, or the Ubuntu
> package?

The configure scripts in gst-plugins-bad does:

  if test -d "$PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR/$OPENCV_PREFIX/share/opencv/"; then
    AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(OPENCV_PATH_NAME, ["opencv"], [OpenCV path name])
  else
    AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(OPENCV_PATH_NAME, ["OpenCV"], [OpenCV path name])
  fi

So maybe OpenCV was rebuild, and installed in different path, but gst-
plugins-bad was not ? (meson.build does exactly the same)