Interprocess communication with shmsink

Benjamin Rapaport brapaport at google.com
Fri Sep 14 17:28:27 UTC 2018

I am trying to run a gstreamer pipeline via the command line tool in a
subprocess of my main application, where I will read back the output image
buffers from my main process. This process does not link in the gstreamer
libraries.

In order to quickly transfer the image buffers between the processes, I
would like to use an shmsink in my pipeline (as stdout with fdsink has been
far too slow). Does anyone have any pointers to how to read that back out
properly when using shmsink? My application is written in c++.

Thanks