Query regarding gst_element_get_state

DeepakRohan deepak027rohan077 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 05:30:27 UTC 2018

Hi,

    I have a small query about gst_element_get_state api.
I have created a pipeline (say with a http link using souphttpsrc) and have
set the state to Paused state.

But on creating and linking all the necessary elements, I am checking the
state of the pipeline for few seconds by using the gst_element_get_state()
api with say 200ms timeout.

Now earlier, in the application whenever I used to get the return from
gst_element_get_state() as GST_STATE_CHANGE_FAILURE, I used to destroy the
pipeline.

But for few external links (not accessible by me, it is actually there on
the customers end :-().
The return of the gst_element_get_state() is GST_STATE_CHANGE_ASYNC for 2-3
times.
On the next gst_element_get_state() call it returned
GST_STATE_CHANGE_FAILURE.
On ignoring the GST_STATE_CHANGE_FAILURE and querying the
gst_element_get_state() again,
it returned GST_STATE_CHANGE_SUCCESS.

Can anyone let me know whether I can continue querying the current state of
the pipeline using gst_element_get_state() even if I have received
GST_STATE_CHANGE_FAILURE.

For few links where I get an error message on the Bus like below:
EROOR DOMAIN NAME: gst-resource-error-quark
ERROR CODE: 3
ERROR MESSAGE: NOT FOUND
On receiving the above message I am closing my pipeline completely.

And I'm sorry if this is a silly doubt.:-)

Thanks & Regards
Rohan