Do GStreamer handle loss of key frames (H264)?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Sep 28 23:25:04 UTC 2018

Le ven. 28 sept. 2018 13 h 58, Marcos Kintschner <marcos.ktn at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Do you have any advice from where should I start looking it? I think we
> could add an option (disabled by default) to check for picture loss in
> rtph264depay or h264parse to make it "implementation agnostic", so one
> could use it for avdec_h264 or other decoders.

RTP packet loss should catch all losses, parsing that much the stream in
h264parse is quite some overhead.

What I had in mind is that rtph264depay could simply send the keyframe
event on discont unless we have a valid header sequence ([AUD], pps, sps,
[sei], IDR slice). It could also drop the data before pps/sps like
h264parse is doing.