gst_discoverer_new() trouble with pthread

defunked ethan at redmountainradio.com
Mon Apr 1 16:32:24 UTC 2019

I discoverer a little more information that might be of interest: This may
not be a pthread issue. I stripped down my problem code bit by bit until the
gstreamer code no longer failed.  The culprit appears to be jack2.  If my
code does NOT connect to a jack server using jack_client_open() call, then
gst_discoverer_new() and all subsequent related discoverer calls work
flawlessly.  Is there some know incompatibility between jack2 and gstreamer
on Ubuntu 18.10?  maybe gst_discoverer is trying to interact with the system
default audio interface, but jack grabbed it?  Assuming this is true, since
discoverer isn't actually going to play audio, can a dummy device be set for
gstreamer use instead, somehow?

Thanks,
Ethan...