gst_discoverer_new() trouble with pthread

defunked ethan at redmountainradio.com
Tue Apr 2 00:11:28 UTC 2019

And more information regarding this problem:  If I switch the Ubuntu 18.10
(pulseaudio) default system sound to a different device than Jack2 uses
prior to running my program, with it's jack server connections code in
place, then there are no crashes on any  gst_discoverer related calls, and
gst_discoverer works as expected.  Only when when the jack2 server has taken
the same device as system sound default does the crash happen.  So this is
clearly an audio device problem.  But why is  gst_discoverer in need of an
audio device?

Is this a gstreamer1.0 bug, or is there something I need to do to get
gst_discoverer calls to not attempt to grab the default audio interface?
Since gst_discoverer isn't going to play anything, I would not expect it to
need any sink in the pipeline it presumable assemble to get media
information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ethan...