Building gstreamer 1.14 with cerbero (pulseaudio missing dependency)

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 07:05:40 UTC 2019

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 11:11 AM evaluat0r <volatileconst at gmail.com> wrote:

> Building gstreamer 1.14 with cerbero (cool tool) but ran into two problems:
>
> 1) libsrt could not be found so the package step was failing as libgstsrt
> was a needed dependency. I solved this in a hacky way by moving the library
> and .pc file from lib64/ to lib/

That's strange, it should not have been necessary since srt is built
by Cerbero using srt.recipe

> 2) pulseaudio is not built (required dependency) and isn’t an explicit
> dependeny of the good plugins package. I added this to the recipe file of
> good plugins but performing a buildone seemed to be a noop. Trying to
> package gstreamer 1.0 fails because of the newly added, but unknown
> dependency
>
> What is the appropriate way to include pulseaudio as a dependency within the
> cerbero context/environment?

Pulseaudio is disabled by default unless the `pulse` variant is
enabled. It's not a required dependency. What are the contents of
~/.cerbero/cerbero.cbc for you?

If you do need to build the pulseaudio plugin, you need to install the
development packages using your distro's package manager. Depending on
which Linux distro you use, this might be called pulseaudio-libs-devel
or libpulse-devel or libpulse-dev, etc.

Cheers,
Nirbheek