Is libtiff-5.dll not installed in the msvc installers?

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 23:50:04 UTC 2019

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 1:25 AM Ben Rush <ben at ben-rush.net> wrote:
> Still, failures. I used a program called Process Monitor to understand what was failing to load, and noticed a stream of failures surrounding libtiff-5.dll not being found. Upon searching the installer directories, it was missing. So, I grew suspicious and downloaded the mingw installers. It was there in those.
>
> In fact, in the msvc installers, there is no tiff library installed at all.
>
> Is this an oversight, or am I missing something?

Which plugin(s) required libtiff-5.dll in the 1.15.2 MSVC release? Can
you confirm that it was only the spandsp plugin? If so, that's fixed
by https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/commit/f9733a73f483fc61583b865b2f806e3f001d37e2

Generally load library warnings just cause those specific plugins to
get disabled, so they shouldn't stop you from continuing the tutorial.
We'd still like to get a full list of plugins that are affected by
that so we can fix it, of course.

Somewhat relatedly, note that the following plugins are known to be
incompatible with the MSVC build and are disabled in that:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/issues/121

Cheers,
Nirbheek