gst_discoverer_new() trouble with pthread

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sat Apr 6 19:20:58 UTC 2019

Le sam. 6 avr. 2019 06 h 10, defunked <ethan at redmountainradio.com> a écrit :

> Can anyone direct me to the source code area where I might find the
> gst_discoverer implementation so I can investigate this?  I had a look at
> the gstreamer project source tree, and it is of course a HUGE project.
> Also, with a different pulseaudio audio device selected that the device
> jack
> is using, I still get a crash when my code I use gst_discoverer in a
> thread,
> even though it work fine in the original application thread.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base/blob/master/gst-libs/gst/pbutils/gstdiscoverer.c

Remember that GstDiscoverer async API is one of the rare GST API that do
depends on a GMainContext / GMainLoop. When you run such a loop in a
seperate thread, you need special care as I indicated in our API doc, which
reminds the need to call g_main_context_push_thread_default()