Generate error when the rtp payload data is not mulaw audio

Rohan0993 rohan.chawhan at matrixcomsec.com
Mon Apr 8 06:43:55 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I have made this pipeline which is sending RTP packets to a local port

*gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/path/to/TestSrc.wav ! wavparse !
audioconvert ! audio/x-raw,channels=1,rate=44100 ! rtpL16pay  ! udpsink
host=192.168.xxx.xxx port=5000*

The file (TestSrc.wav) is Linear16 PCM encode @44100 Hz sampling rate.

my receiver pipeline is:

*gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=5000 ! "application/x-rtp,media=(string)audio,
clock-rate=(int)8000, encoding-name=(string)PCMU, channels=(int)1,
payload=(int)96" ! rtppcmudepay ! filesink
location=/path/to/Testoutput.ulaw*

This receiver pipeline is assuming that the input RTP packets have the data
as mu-law encoded PCM @ 8000Hz.

NOW
I don't want to edit any of the pipelines to change their functionality. I
mean I want the sender to send linear 16 encoded data via RTP and I want the
listener to expect mu-law encoded data in RTP.

I just want to produce an error message(s) that the received data is not
PCM-MU. It will be great if I can find out whether encoding is wrong or the
sampling rate is wrong or both are wrong.

*How can I do that?*