Set EXT-X-ENDLIST tag in HLS playlist

joakim joakim.magnusson at spiideo.com
Mon Apr 8 14:00:53 UTC 2019

Hi,
I'm developing a c application with the following pipeline:
rtspsrc->queue->rtph264depay->h264parse->mpegtsmux->hlssink

Iv've managed to get everything to work as expected except one thing. When I
manually stop the pipeline from playing state to null state like this:

void *
gst_main_loop(void *loop)
{
    g_main_loop_run(loop);
    return 0;
}

int
rtsp_client_stop_stream(rtsp_client_t *rtsp_client) {
    gst_element_set_state (rtsp_client->pipeline, GST_STATE_NULL);
    g_main_loop_unref(rtsp_client->loop);
    pthread_join(*(rtsp_client->pthread), NULL); //free the pointer
    gst_object_unref (GST_OBJECT (rtsp_client->pipeline));
    rtsp_client->pthread = NULL;
    rtsp_client->loop = NULL;
    rtsp_client->pipeline = NULL;
    return 0;
}

The stream stops but the EXT-X-ENDLIST tag in the hls playlist file is not
set. I'm I doing something wrong which results in this tag not being set?