AW: Difficulty getting a good example of the RTSP server running under Windows

Thornton, Keith keith.thornton at zeiss.com
Mon Apr 15 06:13:51 UTC 2019

Hi, I have a streaming Server running on windows which is based on appsrc. It Works well. I also use the Intel Media SDK Encoder. I am currently using the msdkh264enc Plugin which is part of the 1.15 and 1.16 release. The problems you are seeing are client side problems. If you use a gstreamer based client, the stuttering at the start doesn’t occur. The black screen may be due to the client throwing the frames away because they are past the presentation time. Check this by turning the VLC messages to level 2 and by using wireshark to observe the arrival of the frames on the client side.
Gruesse