Difficulty getting a good example of the RTSP server running under Windows

Ben Rush ben at ben-rush.net
Mon Apr 15 20:32:08 UTC 2019

Keith,

I seem to have missed the parameters for playbin. One of the important ones
in my situation is the latency setting. Making new my script as
follows: .\gst-launch-1.0.exe playbin uri=rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/test
uridecodebin0::source::latency=250, which resolved the issue for me (so now
I get a steady stream of alternating white/black). So, your insight that
it's fully on the client appeared to be quite correct.

Apparently, I need to dig into the latency settings within VLC and figure
out why it's behaving oddly (still) in that platform. However, I think
you've given me enough to run with. Thanks a bunch.

I may ask another question sometime soon about the Intel plugins since
you've had luck with those as well.

Cheers.