Gstreamer + Clutter + Wayland

horai ivo.hora at seznam.cz
Sun Apr 21 08:07:30 UTC 2019

Nicolas Dufresne-5 wrote
> For glimagesink, you should also try forcing GLES 2, since it's will be
> closer to what the HW can do. GST_GL_API=gles2

Thank you,you are right, no need for videoconvert, anyway, the only way I
was able to run glimasink was;
gst-launch-1.0 -e rtspsrc location="rtsp://10.0.0.9:8555/test" latency=0 !
rtph264depay ! h264parse ! v4l2h264dec capture-io-mode=2 ! glupload !
glimagesink (presence glupload does not make much difference)
With: export GST_GL_API=gles2
I also tried export GST_GL_PLATFORM=egl

But the performance is worse than waylandsink moreover the window is very
small.

Just to make myself sure Gstreamer base is using VC4 MESA driver for
libgstopengl.so , I recompiled the gst_plugin_base with:
nice -20 ./autogen.sh --enable-introspection=no CPPFLAGS="-I/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/libs"
Just to make sure the configuration process would search for anything relse
elated to GL|GLES2 in the directories where my own MESA build is installed.
(/include, /libs), I also exported all the necessary paths for *.pc files
for  GL|GLES2 :
export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/lib/pkgconfig/:/usr/share/pkgconfig/:/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/:/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/pkgconfig/:/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/lib/pkgconfig/

During configure procedure it shows that OpenGL|OpenGL ES 2.0 was detected.

I regret one thing, when following this tutorial:
https://www.collabora.com/news-and-blog/blog/2016/06/03/running-weston-on-a-raspbian/
I omitted this: sudo apt-get build-dep mesa, just to make sure no mesa
related stuff from repository is installed. I did not realize that these
drivers are probably older versions of MESA VC4 and will be anyway replaced
in the next step during the installation procedure of up to date MESA and
maybe now I am missing something very important.
If I do: sudo apt-get build-dep mesa now, it makes my Weston installation
unable to run and I have to uninstall all the packages.

If I understand your words correctly, there is no more need for use of the
old Broadcom binary driver in Gstreamer under Wayland anymore, right?
Only some header files are necessary for omx-gst compilation (if I really
need to use omxh264* instead of v4l2h264*).
I assumed that it is even not possible to use that old binary Broadcom
driver in Wayland/Weston as in Wayland build guide they claim:
"Broadcom (Raspberry Pi): Requires open source driver VC4 (Linux and Mesa),
can be used with the DRM-backend"
Therefore I assumed Wayland/Weston both run on VC4 and anything else on top
of trying to take advantage of hardware acceleration like glimagesink must
be compiled with inclusion of VC4 headers and linkage of VC4 libraries.
Please let me know if I am wrong.

Just to note, for full recompilation of Gstreamer  I lately followed this
tutorial:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-openmax/2013-March/000724.html
With minor changes like disabling introspection or replacing flags related
to /opt/vc directory containing stuff related to that old Broadcom driver.