Gstreamer command line quotes within quotes need help

Thomas Bond tom.bond at entexpinc.com
Thu Aug 8 21:18:58 UTC 2019

Hello,

How do I use quotes in quotes for gstreamer command line. This is
gstreamer version 1.14.4 and ubuntu version 4.9.140-tegra using bash
shell all running on Jetson Nano dev system.

I tried various escape methods and none worked.

The following has double quotes with quotes inside the sink definition
and doesn't work.

gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file:///home/tom/Videos/UHD_demo_Nature.mp4
sink="glupload ! glshader fragment="\"|ca t testfrag.frag|\"" !
glimagesinkelement"

I assume it's an escape sequence issue, I tried bunch of ways to escape
but I would rather not bias anyone looking at this problem. The opengl
fragment is correct and works using a simple command line example:

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! glupload ! glshader fragment="\"|cat
testfrag.frag|\"" ! glimagesink

Any ideas is this a command shell issue or gstreamer issue I need to
correct concerning double quotes.

Here is the fragment:

#version 100

#ifdef GL_ES

precision mediump float;

#endif

varying vec2 v_texcoord;

uniform sampler2D tex;

uniform float time;

uniform float width;

uniform float height; vec4 myColor;

void main () {

|myColor = texture2D( tex, v_texcoord ); gl_FragColor = myColor;
gl_FragColor.r = myColor.b; gl_FragColor.b = myColor.r; |

}

When I run the command line I get the following error: WARNING:
erroneous pipeline: no element "100"

Thanks in advance.

     Tom

--