Getting metadata from a live video stream

doodlepuffs mikey_lue777 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 9 03:12:09 UTC 2019

Can anyone give me an insight on how to obtain metadata for each frame
extracted from a live video stream using rtsp? Do I need to use GstMeta()?
I've read the tutorial on media information gathering but unsure if I should
try make my own plugin for extracting metadata from the video stream.
(tutorial seems a bit outdated)

I have another question, are there any available gstreamer element that
extracts metadata? I have a strong feeling I would have to code something in
order to get the metadata from the frames.