Problem creating a sometiems pad for a decodebin element

gayathri1818 gayathri.devi at linoy.in
Fri Aug 9 04:05:36 UTC 2019

I am trying to link decodebin and nvvidconv, as decodebin has sometimes pad
for src , I tried creating request pad but getting the below exception.
gst-inspect for decodebin is as follows:
Pad Templates:
  SINK template: 'sink'
    Availability: Always
    Capabilities:
      ANY

  SRC template: 'src_%u'
    Availability: Sometimes
    Capabilities:
      ANY

Element has no clocking capabilities.
Element has no URI handling capabilities.

Pads:
  SINK: 'sink'
    Pad Template: 'sink'
I used below code to get the request pad
GstPad *decoder_src_pad = gst_element_get_request_pad(app->decoder ,
"src_%u");
g_print("obtained gst pad %s for decodebin \n" ,
gst_pad_get_name(decoder_src_pad));
On execution i get below error with null pad
(ogstreamer:30655): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: 09:25:04.158:
gst_object_get_name: assertion 'GST_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
 obtained gst pad (null) for decodebin.

Inputs on how to solve this problem would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.