GstBaseTextOverlay not packaged for use by other plugins?

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Sun Aug 11 22:08:24 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-08-11 at 23:40 +0200, George Hawkins wrote:

Hi,

> Does this mean that if I want to make a text overlay related element,
> I always have to manually copy gstbasetextoverlay.h and
> gstbasetextoverlay.c into my own plugin project?

Well, that's one option, if it's compatible license-wise. Depends what
you want to do exactly. There are other subtitle/overlay type plugins
that have copied some of the relevant code. You're certainly right in
that it's currently not a public base class.

You could also write a new element based on the GstAggregator base
class instead.

Cheers
 Tim