Reducing latency on a NVIDIA Jetson Nano to Intel NUC streaming platform

Michael Gruner michael.gruner at ridgerun.com
Tue Aug 13 14:17:20 UTC 2019

I’d start with the sink configuration. When reducing latency, you want the opposite configuration as the one you have:

sync=true
max-lateness=<some reasonable value>

This way you’ll drop late buffers instead of trying to render everything, which may end up queuing up buffers along the pipeline. If most buffers are being rendered late (you don’t see a smooth video and get a lot of dropped buffers messages) you need to find a better scheduling for your pipeline. Try to add some queues after the most time-consuming elements to parallelize processing.

On the other hand you may use the latency tracer to identify the bottlenecks in your pipe.

Michael
www.ridgerun.com