Upcoming 1.16.1 bug-fix release

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Aug 15 11:43:11 UTC 2019

Hi,

Those of you tracking gitlab will have noticed that we've been working
hard on backporting patches into the 1.16 branch and gearing up for
that long overdue 1.16.1 bug-fix release.

If you're using or developing against the 1.16 branch, now would be a
great time to update and test things to make sure the tip of 1.16 is in
good shape for a release.

If there are any merge requests that you think should be backported but
haven't been backported yet, please let us know, ideally by posting a
comment on the original merge request.

Same for any issues that you think are critical to get fixed for
1.16.1.

If you want to track the ongoing effort, here you can access the list
of backported fixes:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/groups/gstreamer/-/merge_requests?milestone_title=1.16.1

And this is the list of open issues currently milestoned for 1.16.1:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/groups/gstreamer/-/issues?milestone_title=1.16.1

Any help with any of those issues would be much appreciated. We may not
be able to get to all of them for this release otherwise.

Thanks for reading and happy hacking.

Cheers
 Tim