webrtcbin not emitting on-negotiation-needed, pipeline halts

Sid Sethupathi sid.sethupathi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 00:56:30 UTC 2019

Hello,

I'm working on a pipeline that will eventually take a UDP/RTP source and
output into an HLS sink and a webrtc sink. For now, I am testing with a
videotestsrc. This pipeline is based off the centricular examples. When a
client signals to initiate a WebRTC connection, a new webrtcbin element is
added to a tee element, and its state is set to match the entire pipeline.

Occasionally, when a client signals to initiate a connection, I see no SDP
offer made by the pipeline. Inspecting the logs shows the webrtcbin setting
to PLAYING (to match the parent) but no "on-negotation-needed" signal is
emitted. At the same time, the HLS sink also stops producing .ts segments.

I still haven't found a reliable way to reproduce this, but turning on more
verbose logging seems to make it happen more frequently, making me think
there is some race condition that I'm not handling correctly.

Any suggestions on where to start looking? Is it advisable to manually emit
the "on-negotation-needed" signal?

Thanks,
Sid