Extracting embedded KLV data from compressed Mpeg/H.264

scottca scottca at ornl.gov
Thu Aug 22 20:38:15 UTC 2019

I am able to extract/decode KLV data from a Transport Stream okay by adding a
"meta/x-klv" pad to the "tsdemux" and connect that to an appsink where I can
pull the buffer and decode it. However some of the Mpeg streams I get have
the KLV already compressed into the Mpeg and H.264 stream packets. I am able
to add those video pads to the my TSDemux and process the mpeg/264 video but
how do I get the KLV out of those streams? I would assume the mpeg/264
decoders discard this data as it is not video and just source the video out.
Is there a special trick to demux/decode each to a separate sources
(video+klv)?