Corrupted h264 video

ChuckB chuckb at craniac.com
Thu Aug 22 20:50:23 UTC 2019

I'm getting horribly corrupted video if I start my server before the client.
This is on Windows 10, using GStreamer 1.16.0, x264 and rtp.  If I start the
client first, things work beautifully.

Server:
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=Test5.avi do-timestamp=1 ! ^
decodebin ! ^
videoconvert ! ^
videoscale ! ^
video/x-raw,width=512,height=512 ! ^
x264enc pass=qual quantizer=20 tune=zerolatency bitrate=200000 key-int-max=2
! ^
h264parse ! ^
rtph264pay pt=96 ! ^
queue2 ! ^
udpsink host=192.168.0.255 port=5000

Client:
gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc port=5000 ! ^
application/x-rtp,clock-rate=90000,payload=96 ! ^
rtpjitterbuffer ! ^
queue2 ! ^
rtph264depay ! ^
queue ! ^
decodebin ! ^
queue ! ^
videoconvert ! ^
queue ! ^
autovideosink name=VideoSink

- source file format mp4 gives same results.
- so-timestamp present or absent makes no difference.
- rtpjitterbffuer present or absent makes no difference.
- key-int-max appears to be completely ignored, regardless of its value (2,
30, 60 tested).

Any thoughts appreciated.