How to encode timestamp into each frame of a RTSP stream

k4ustav kaustav.ghosh28 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 22:24:15 UTC 2019

Thanks Michael for your reply. I am trying to send two parallel streams. One
video stream and another metadata stream. The metadata stream contains
metadata for each video frame, for example, inference data for each video
frame. The framerates for both the streams are same.

To implement this, I thought to send the metadata through normal sockets and
video stream through the GStreamer RTSP server. To sync the video frame and
per-frame metadata at the client I am planning to use timestamp. Because of
this, I am planning to send timestamps along with the video frame.

But if you can suggest a better way or example to do this, it would be
really helpful.