How to encode timestamp into each frame of a RTSP stream

Michael MacIntosh mmacintosh at linear-systems.com
Thu Dec 12 21:58:16 UTC 2019

The best thing I can think of is a variant on your idea, but to employ a
second stream that has your metadata in a binary format, loaded in an
appsrc, and then use rtpvrawpay to payload it for the rtsp server.  I am
not sure what would be the "proper" way to send this kind of
information.  The drawback is you would have to have metadata for every
frame, but it would at least hopefully be fairly synchronized.

I have seen datastreams in the wild, just haven't had the need to
implement one myself. So there is probably a cleaner implementation.