Playsink creates the wrong Sink

Jon Lovewell jon at csoftware.co.uk
Fri Dec 20 12:34:38 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

I have a pcap file which contains a rtsp session in which H264 encoded video is being streamed between a server and client.

I am using the following pipeline to play this file

filesrc location=<PathToFile> ! pcapparse ! irtspparse ! capsfilter caps="application/x-rtp,media=video,payload=99,encoding-name=H264,clock-rate=90000" ! rtph264depay ! decodebin ! playsink

Using this pipeline playsink creates an audio sink instead of a video sink.

If however, I use the following pipeline I get the video.

filesrc location=<PathToFile> ! pcapparse ! irtspparse ! capsfilter caps="application/x-rtp,media=video,payload=99,encoding-name=H264,clock-rate=90000" ! rtph264depay ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! autovideosink

Can anyone tell me if my first pipeline is acceptable.  I have tried to use playsink's flags property to limit the output to video but to no avail.

I can provide 'dot' files or debug trace if required.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Jon