iphone to gstreamer

Sean DuBois sean at siobud.com
Sun Dec 29 08:55:19 UTC 2019

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 10:27:03PM -0500, Jerry Geis wrote:
> Hi All - I am trying to get camera/audio out of an Iphone or Android and
> into gstreamer so I can use hls or something like that.
>
> Ideally a webpage that the iphone or android would goto that activates the
> camera/audio and can then use something like RTSP so gstreamer can connect
> to the camera and get the stream.
>
> I have been searching and not really coming up with a solution.
>
> I have found something like LikeReporter app but I cannot get the audio
> working into hls.
>
> Anyone have pointers?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerry

If you want to capture media from a webpage on Android/iOS WebRTC
is the best cross-platform way to do it. WebRTC uses (S)RTP, so it should
feel pretty familiar when you get it all wired up!

I think you will have to use DASH, HLS doesn't support Opus. On the
video side WebRTC supports VP8, VP9 and H264.

----
You could also look at MediaRecorder (then you could do any upload you
wanted), but this will probably have latency/feedback issues never tried
it myself!