achieving seamless speed changes?

Mikel Pérez io at mikelpr.com
Sun Dec 29 10:35:49 UTC 2019

I want to add pitch control to my music player.

since the soundtouch speed plugin was deprecated (anyways, it bugs out on
song's end and had a ~2s delay in applying the speed change) and now we
should set the speed by seeking, it skips a lot when changed in response to
a slider, and outright skips to the next song.

I read somewhere that seeking too much can confuse the demuxers, and I
believe that is the case, as converting from ogg to wav fixes the
skipping-to-next-song issue, but it still sounds bad and has gaps.

What would be the appropriate way to implement this? seems like the speed
plugin would be more suited, but I don't know how to fix it so the speed
change is (near) instant and it has the eos bug and it's deprecated