Manually constructing rtspsrc pipeline

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Tue Feb 5 09:10:57 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-02-05 at 02:46 -0600, joakim wrote:

Hi,

> I'm trying to manually construct the same pipeline in my c
> application as the element rtspsrc would construct. My  understanding
> is that I need rtpsession and rtpbin in my pipeline. What I don't
> know is if I need another element and which pads to use and how they
> should be linked. A code snippet of this would be really helpful.

You can get a graph of a pipeline using rtspsrc from gst-launch-1.0 or
gst-play-1.0 by setting the GST_DEBUG_DUMP_DOT_DIR environment variable
and then using the graphviz tools or xdot:

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/tutorials/basic/debugging-tools.html#getting-pipeline-graphs

Why do you want to make your own rtspsrc though?

Cheers
 Tim