Manually constructing rtspsrc pipeline

joakim joakim.magnusson at spiideo.com
Tue Feb 5 09:28:36 UTC 2019

Ah, I didn't know that. I will try and see if it helps.

I will receive rtsp from several different ip-cameras and store them as HLS.
The core problem I'm trying to solve is how to synchronize these streams. My
solution to this is to set a tag in the playlist (m3u8) file of the HLS
files. This tag corresponds to the absolute time for the start time of the
recording. The application that will receive these HLS files will be able to
synchronise everything if this tag is set. Gstreamer does not set this tag
(at least not as default, maybe gstreamer can be set up to automatically set
this tag? The tag is named "EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME").

In conclusion, if i can read the first ntp timestamp from the first RTCP
packet I can set this tag in the HLS playlist file.

I'm open for other approaches on how to solve this though if there's an
easier or better way.