Reduced text rendering quality

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Wed Feb 6 14:07:00 UTC 2019

Le mer. 6 févr. 2019 05 h 27, Manas Jayanth <prometheansacrifice at gmail.com>
a écrit :

> I'm using GES with the following as GESEffectClip that gets added to a
> second layer, hoping that keeping the text in a different layer would
> prevent its scaling/distortion. The first layer is the media ofc.
>
>         textoverlay \
>                              shaded-background=0 \
>                              shading-value=50 \
>                              draw_outline=0 \
>                              y-absolute=0
>                              deltax=0
>                              xpad=32
>                              deltay=300
>                              text=\"%s\" \
>                              line-alignment=left \
>                              draw-shadow=false \
>                              valignment=absolute \
>                              halignment=left \
>                              font-desc=\"fira sans 24\" \
>                              scale-mode=1 \
>                              auto-resize=true

GES or the video mixer element would need to support overlay composition
meta. So that it can telle text overlay to attach seperate overlay buffer
to the buffer instead of compositing, and these prerendered buffer could
match the output size.

An other approach, without patching GST/GES, would be to create a dedicated
track for the text, with the output size set to the final resolution.