guidance with specific pipeline requirements

pangit_ako hamburgerstephen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 15:23:50 UTC 2019

Greetings,

  I am attempting to create a pipeline for a live (webcam) stream that will
suit a specific requirement as defined by a CDN.  The CDN specifies that
"output from your live encoder has to be in MP4 or FLV container format and
encoded with H.264 video codec and AAC or MP3 audio codec".
  I am still fairly new to Gstreamer and request some advice from those more
experienced on how to accomplish this.  Here is my preliminary pipeline, not
yet inclusive of audio:

send:

autovideosrc ! videoscale ! video/x-raw,width=640,height=480 ! x264enc
tune=zerolatency ! rtph264pay ! udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=5000

receive:

udpsrc port=5000 caps = "application/x-rtp, media=video, clock-rate=90000,
encoding-name=H264, payload=96" ! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 ! autovideosink

  I believe this will satisfy the requirement for "H.264 video codec"
however I am a bit confused by the specification to create MP4 or FLV
container because I didn't think this would be necessary for a 'live' webcam
stream (i.e. NOT from a video file).  Any advice on how to best accomplish
the requirements of the CDN, and how to integrate the audio part...would be
greatly appreciated.  I thank you in advance.